Unfortunately, most of us, at some point, will be confronted with the task of arranging the funeral of a loved one, which, in the midst of grief, can be a daunting ordeal.
Adair Funeral Directors, understand the responsibility which is given to us and will endeavour to provide what help is needed – during the arrangement period, when the funeral happens, and this can continue for some time afterwards. We shoulder this responsibility to remove some of the burden from you, as we know from listening to those who have been bereaved, that many are not prepared for the emotional stress which may arise at the time of a death.
Some of the areas in which we will help, guide, advise and support you include, when appropriate:
- Caring for the person who has died.
- Dealing with medical staff, the police, or coroner.
- Registration of death and legal documentation.
- Coffin selection.
- Making arrangements with clergy and church representatives.
- Liaison with cemetery/crematorium staff.
- Inserting press announcements.
- Website funeral notices, updated daily on the internet.
- Selecting musical tributes.
- Producing Orders of Service.
- Supplying and caring for floral tributes.
- Providing transport.
- Administering donations.
- Repatriation – there are complex regulations covering the movement of the person who has died, to or from, Northern Ireland.
- Financial implications of your choices.